Alcohol Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
The Alcohol Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (“TBT”) administers a complex program regulating the movement and handling of alcohol, including fuel alcohol.
This program determines the point at which the alcohol excise tax is imposed.
Compliance with these regulations is a critical element of ethanol trading. Our professionals assist clients in the following areas:
- Permits to import denatured and undenatured ethanol into the United States
- Distilled Spirits Plants and Alcohol Fuel Plants
- Import, trade, and export of ethanol tax-free
- Removal of ethanol from TTB bond/custody tax-free
- Regulatory requirements affecting denaturant type and volume